Golder Associates Senior Project Engineer in NEWARK, New Jersey
Golder Associates is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join the Mount Laurel or Newark, NJ office. In this role you will have the opportunity to use your experience and knowledge to manage and lead environmental remediation projects for clients in the infrastructure, manufacturing, waste, and power sectors, with the opportunity to develop local, regional, and national clients, and mentor junior staff.
· Provide technical expertise to Golder project teams and clients with investigation, design and construction for environmental remediation projects;
· Prepare technical reports and work plans;
· Prepare local and state permit applications;
· Prepare Statements of Qualifications and technical proposals for public and private sector projects;
· Provide field and office support for remediation, civil, and solid waste projects;
· Review calculations and work products prepared by junior staff;
· Complete hydrologic and hydraulic evaluations;
· Design stormwater management systems;
· Design containment systems, including incorporation of geosynthetics materials;
· Generate quantity and cost estimates;
· Prepare permit and construction-level drawings and technical specifications; and,
· Support construction management group activities.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
· Six to eight years of experience with environmental remediation projects.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Master of Science Preferred.
· Professional Engineer (or ability to obtain quickly through reciprocity) in New Jersey.
· Intimate knowledge of state and Federal environmental regulations and guidance documents;
· Leveraging your past experiences and knowledge to become a respected technical and business team member within Golder in your areas of practice.
· Strong technical writing ability directly applicable to environmental investigation, design and construction reports (large and small projects), letter reports, design memoranda and client correspondence. This technical writing ability includes the ability to constructively and critically review documents prepared by junior staff.
· Experience with development of technical proposals and Statement of Qualifications for consulting services for public and private sector clients.
· Experience with the development of design drawings and construction documents and the ability to lead an environmental remediation or civil project from conceptual design through detailed design and construction.
· Demonstrated project management experience.
· Ability to direct and mentor junior staff.
· Active participation in local professional organizations attended by clients and professional colleagues.
· Maintaining Golder’s commitment to project technical excellence, client service, health and safety, and sustainability at the forefront of all work activities.
· Assignments may require some travel.
Our Staff Benefit from:
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
*Title: *Senior Project Engineer**
*Requisition ID: *18000931**