PNC Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Expert in Cleveland, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100168 Quant Anl/Md Expert
Provides strategic and analytical insights around quantitative analyses, processes, and validations. Reviews complex quantitative analyses and models and engages with the Line of Business to enhance model development by incorporating business feedback.
Oversees the development of new model frameworks by supporting the line of business and provides consultative feedback around improvements. Reviews any recommended changes to existing models. Conducts executive level communication during the course of the review.
Performs the most complex qualitative and quantitative assessments on all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design and implementation as well as data quality and integrity. Reviews reports and associated quantitative analysis and provides analytical insight into potential areas of improvement. Reviews validation of existing models and assesses model risks.
Reviews the evaluations of identified model risks and provides high level consultation around recommended conclusions on strengths and limitations of the model.
Provides consultative feedback around the preparation and analysis of regulatory compliance documents.
PA - Pittsburgh
Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Expert
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, or PhD is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8 + years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Working Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
Predictive Analytics - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of tools, methods and processes used to make business predictions; ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Consulting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
TESTING - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to plan, implement and manage testing strategies, policies and practices that assure the delivery of high quality applications.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Quantitative Techniques - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.
Bank Quantitative Analysis - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to use numerical methods to develop statistical models for devising trading strategies.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Expert within PNC's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Risk Management organization, you will be based in one of the following Pittsburgh, PA , Cleveland, Your role will be to support the AML model owner team in development and execution of a modeling strategy for Know Your Customer (KYC), enhanced due diligence (EDD), sanctions screening, and transaction monitoring models. Specific duties assessing current model performance, identifying potential improvements of the model landscape, liaising with model developers and risk managers to ensure objectives are met, and facilitating the model validation and monitoring processes. Successful candidates will have a proven track record in advanced analytics and / or machine learning (relevant advanced degree preferred) and be able to transition easily between providing analytical deep dives and high-level strategic support. The role will involve extensive collaboration with PNC's Analytics and Portfolio Management team responsible for the development of transaction monitoring models and AML risk experts within the AML Risk Management team who guide the identification of AML risks.